5 Tips to Ensure your Website Design & SEO is Done Right
Website design services are important for the success of any business that operates online. Most business owners are unaware of the fact that Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and the Website design are both equally important. They do not recognize the significance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and instead of building it in the web design, they tend to focus on it later.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) does not remain active when it is added later to a website. If your site is built-in SEO-friendly, then search engines can easily read and explore pages from your website. You cannot achieve your marketing goals without understanding the basic of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
The center of your digital marketing world is your website and organic search is its largest traffic source. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and web design go hand in hand. If you want to achieve the purpose of your website, then you need to create a website that is both SEO-friendly and aesthetically appealing.
If you have separate design and marketing departments in your company, then it is difficult for you to achieve this. A perfect way is to keep Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in your mind at all times specifically at the start of a new project and before the final website launch. Without proper SEO your website’s Google ranking drops.
Here are five tips to ensure that your website design and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is done right:
1. Improve Crawling and Accessibility
To improve your website design, you need the search engine to clearly understand the contents of your website. It is not something very hard to achieve. All you need to do is develop a text-based content for your website.
Text-based descriptions make it easier for a search engine to crawl your website and understand its purpose. This does not mean that images, pdfs, and videos are useless for online businesses. It is only that you will need to put in a lot of time and effort to make them indexable and discoverable by search engines.
Internal links beyond the home page of your website are also a great way to increase crawling and accessibility of your website.
2. Create Good Content
Search engines feed on the content of your website. If you are looking for ways to improve your search results, then you need to create good content. Focus on your audience and build content that they want to read, be it fun content or informative content.
Create your content around popular keywords with high search rates. By doing this, the traffic to your website will increase drastically.
If your business has SEO built into your web design, your content gets shared and linked by different industry leaders too. An endorsement from an industry leader means an increase in attention and traffic generations.
3. Give Your Website A Structure
A structured website makes it easier for the search engine to determine which part of your website is most important.
If you want to create a well-optimized website design, then following three core elements will help you in achieving your mission:
- Domain: Create a domain that is somehow related to your business. Also, make sure that all subdomains redirect users to the main website to generate traffic.
- Hosting: Ensure that your website is fast and efficient. Create your website platform and display it as per your audience preference.
- Content Management System (CMS): CMS influences the success of your website so choose a Content Management System that is most suitable for your business situation.
A well-structured website does not only look aesthetically pleasing but it also works efficiently with URLs, navigation, and other components.
4. Create A Mobile-Friendly Website Design
In today’s world, most traffic is generated from hand-held and mobile devices. If your web designers are not focusing on creating mobile-friendly websites interfaces, then people are less likely to buy products from your website. The traffic on your page will divert to those websites that offer everything that people want.
People are using mobile phones for everything ranging from texting to optimizing their lives. Keep in mind the following three points to create a good mobile-usage experience for your customers:
- No squinting: Mobile users will prefer a website where they can easily read the text without squinting
- Easy Navigation: No one likes to re-click a small box multiple times to purchase their favorite product. The size of a mobile screen varies among different users, so it is good to develop links and buttons large enough in size to be tapped with a finger.
- Good User Experience: Create a web design that is appealing to look at. Choose pastel or decent colors to avoid your viewer’s eyes from any discomfort.
5. Block Pages That You Don’t Want Search Engines to Index
Pages like server-side scripts add absolutely no value to the content on your website. Some of these pages are used by many web designers to test their designs. This is not recommended.
Create a password-protected testing section on your website or hire some SEO agency that gives web design services. Your website’s original content can get diluted and duplicated if you do not take precautionary measures against these pages.
Incorporate these five simple tips while designing your website gives a clear idea to search engine and your viewers about your website and its purpose without digging deeper into your website. Your distinctive Search Engine Optimization (SEO) then just develops on this strong base that is laid down by the structure of your website and architecture of your information.